Sunday, September 21, 2014

Anyone got a goat for sale?

'cause I gotta find one to sacrifice.

My business got struck by lightning Sat evening AFTER the storm had passed.

Fire in the attic.  I don't like fires.

Lots of water damage. And, of course, the firemen cut a 6'x8' hole in the roof after the fire was out.....(I'm not criticizing, I just don't understand WHY they do that.....I am sure they have a good reason....right?)

Twice this year. Getting a bit irksome. (Ok, a lot irksome).  I am getting tired of this game. Once was enough....I am feeling a bit put upon.....Yeah, a LOT of people are worse off in this world, but I still think it sucks royally. A lot. with Berries. Srsly. Enough, OK?

So if anyone has a goat that I can sacrifice .....


now if you'll excuse me, I got a whole shitload of cleanup to do...

7 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Wow. Sorry to hear that. That sucks on chrome wheels.

The roof cutting is to vent out smoke and fire gases that might re-ignite though--it's pretty much S.O.P., but a pain for the property owner if the structure is still salvageable.

It the building salvageable? Insurance going to come through?

tsquared said...

I know where a few are but it would be hard to get one. At the end of the street there is this muslem house...

Home on the Range said...

There's this international market not far from here that is almost all Greek food (being a smartass, when I went there with Partner I asked him to check and see if they had Greek yogurt).

They have lots of goat, but it's already pre-sacrificed.

Anonymous said...

That is terrible. You are in our thoughts.

I took down a discone antenna on my house because I was afraid that even with the grounding rods I used, that the antenna would just attract lighting.

Old NFO said...

Oh man, sorry to hear that, and yep that sucks chrome off the trailer hitch...

RichD said...

Sorry to hear about that.

Divemedic said...

Attic fires are tough. Firefighters have to cut a hole in the attic so that they can be sure that they got all of the fire and its embers, or it is more likely than not that they will be back there in a couple of hours, to face an even larger fire than the first one.
The standard is that you rip out an area of drywall for three feet past the area where the fire was, and that you cut at least one hole in the roof (all holes should be 4x8 or larger)

The repair workers are going to have to tear all of that area out anyway, so it really doesn't add too much to the fire damage, and it is worth it to prevent a second, larger fire.