Monday, November 24, 2014

Listening to the scanners:

Seems like at least some folks in the crowds are trying to piss off the Police. Throwing things at the crowds and such.

How long will they be calm? Were I a police officer having stuff tossed at me, I don't know that I would be willing to endure it long, and at some point I'd start kicking ass. (Which is why I am not  a police officer!). I don't envy those cops who have to be out on the streets tonight.

I pray no one is killed (or injured) tonight....but it looks like the rioters will see to it that someone is.

Idiots. Rioting isn't gonna bring Brown back, nor will it change things.

ETA: These groups of rioters looters protesters seem to not fear police at all.  One might think they felt they were immune to prosecution.

ETAII: Turning ugly, cops are retreating from several groups. I hope the cops are ok tonight.

Why do these folks trash their own neighborhoods?

If you wanna listen, the link is here:   http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/1573

I'm turning in for the evening.

4 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

One looter, to a TV interviewer:

"Brown who? I just gots me a free flat screen, yo!"

Sendarius said...

I have never understood why throwing a Molotov cocktail at police officers is not treated as, at minimum, assault with a deadly weapon that warrants an immediate lethal response.

If someone tried to murder ME with a hand thrown fire-bomb, I doubt there is a jury in the land that would convict me if I shot the goblin DRT.

Murphy's Law said...

The question should not be "why do they always trash their own neighborhoods?" but rather "why do the rest of us always pay to rebuild those neighborhoods when it's over?"

Divemedic said...

In Florida, deadly force may be used to protect oneself from death or serious bodily injury, or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.

Forcible felony, according to 776.08, includes arson, aggravated assault, and the unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging a destructive device or bomb, and any other felony that involves the use or threat of force.

Throwing a Molotov cocktail is arson, a forcible felony.

A Molotov cocktail is also considered to be a destructive device under 790.001. Lighting the rag on top would be discharging it, making it a forcible felony.

Participating in a riot whereby the participants are attempting to destroy any building is a forcible felony under 870.03.

This means that anyone rioting or throwing Molotov's may be lawfully engaged as a lethal threat.

However, under Florida law, you are not allowed to possess firearms in any public place, once a state of emergency has been declared. (870.44)