Monday, May 5, 2014

So today, a customer pointed out that Bundy was getting something free from the government, and that was what bothered him the most. He's a good guy, and always is looking for another viewpoint....so I gave him one.

I asked him:

If that is true, which I don't necessarily agree with....but lets say you are right, and  Bundy IS getting something for free.....

What about all those people getting welfare, foodstamps, and free housing? What about them? Some of them for their entire lives?  They are getting stuff from the citizens of the United States for free too...

You gonna cut them off?
Some of them have been on the dole for longer than you have been alive....never paid taxes, never worked. Never contributed one thin dime to society...

Bundy is at least paying taxes.....Contributing to society....

He left, thinking....

Interesting how once you get past them spin the government media puts on things the perspective changes, isn't it?

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

NICE comeback... Gotta remember that one!

og said...

A lot of people get a lot of free shit. This bundy thing still smells very fishy to me, and until I know a lot more it certainly isn't a hill I'm willing to die on.

B said...

I'm not sure that Bundy is all in the right either.

Doesn't mean he is wrong either, nor that the BLM is getting too full of itself.

og said...

No question blm is trouble, but they chose Bundy for a reason and I think that reason was he would be easy to pin a lot of bullshit on to make it look like they were right in what they did.

Matt said...

While I an loathe to say anything that could even be remotely construed as support for the BLM in this matter, i have to say that I think Bundy is a member of the sovereign citizen movement. While he hasn't come out and admitted it, he acts likes one, having represented himself in court twice which is what these folks are known for. Pushing the States rights thing to the nth degree, promoting a story that frankly doesn't hold water on how long he's owned that land.

I am afraid that many rushed down to his defense not realizing who and what he is.