Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tinfoil hat time....Or: things that make ya go "Hmmmmm?

Again, the Aurora shooting has given the conspiracy theorists a LOT to work with...

I too noticed some discrepancies, but to be honest I had put them down to bad reporting, mistakes made in the rush to get to press, or just plain stupidity on the part of people "reporting" the "news".

And, actually, I mostly, sorta kinda mainly believe that that does explain the discrepancies...

And to be honest, I am too busy running my business to take the time to do the research that the others already (supposedly) have.

But things like this (HT Broken Patriot)

and THIS.  And THIS. And THIS

make me wonder. Sadly I don't have the time needed to properly research the claims made in these articles. Anyone can publish stuff on the internet, it doesn't have to be true.....

And the fact that the media basically dropped the story quickly makes me wonder. .

And that I (basically) distrust the government enough to believe that someone might well stage a false flag event like this just to change public opinion.

It's not like these scenarios are impossible, no matter how little we'd like to think that they are.

Is my tinfoil hat on too tightly? Perhaps. (but I do have the shiny side out....)

What do you think about the information in the articles?

I really don't know what to believe...The timing of the incident was perfect very convenient for the anti-gun folks re: the UN arms treaty....Strangely, these coincidences happen a lot.....nearly every time there is (yet again) a push for some restrictions on our Second Amendment rights there is a conveniently timed incident to induce horror and increase fear of firearms as a killing tool for mass murder....

I'd like to believe that things like this would never be done to further an agenda....But sadly, I can't.

Sometimes I wonder if I am the whacko for thinking these things. But then, I am in good company.




4 comments:

Matt said...

Very good company.

Irish said...

Interesting to say the least. Reposted to see what my readers say :)

skidmark said...

"Three people can keep a secret - so long as two of tem are dead."

I just do not have the faith in The Gooberment one would need to be able to sustain an actual conspiracy. Are you going to tell me that you really, truely, believe that all the leaks that happen are planned, premeditated events designed to further some fifth-level plot to carry out some nefarious deed? Especially when the vast majority of folks are more concerned about the latest "reality" show or rumors about which celebrities are breaking up?

I'm probably mangling it somewhat, but never ascribe to evil that which can be explained by simple stupidity.

stay safe.

B said...

"Three people can keep a secret...if two of them are dead."

Indeed. And that is why I cannot discount that this is *not* a conspiracy. Much like the 9-11 conspiracy folks, the Kennedy assasination conspiracy folks, and the OKC conspiracy people, these people assume that the secret can be kept.

However, there are a lot of issues that should be addressed about this incident.

Who would have believed that the Fast and Furious conspiracy could have been kept this long? And really, once the people vote for gun control, do the anti-gunners care after that?


You questioning of the stories is valid.