Sunday, February 5, 2017

Superbowl (commercial) thoughts:


5:30 Central:

Coke commercial:
If you want to honor "America", then sing it in American, not some other language. (If you can't speak the language, you never gonna be a part of this country). THis shit doesn't belong here. Advertise your product, don't try social engineering...

5:34: Now, Ford understands.....They just told me why I should buy a Ford, with no social commentary.

5:43: Google gets it too.


5:55 Now the Skittles ad is FUNNY.
6:00 API pissed their money away.

So did GoDaddy.

6:05: #WeAccept...a nice message. Still, doesn't belong here....Superbowl folks, not Kumbayah.
Yellowtail wines? Yeah, you wasted your money. But at least no social commentary.

6:13 The choice of spokesperson by T-Mobil is nearly as good as having Lon Horuchi give testimony on rifles......:

6:24. Tide. Nice.

6:29: Coke: Now that is a good commercial. No politics.

6:46 Alfa Romeo. Makes me wanna buy one.

7:09: 84 Lumber. Nice sentiment (you gotta go HERE to understand the whole thing) But breaking into the country isn't a good start to begin your life in you new home, now is it?
Again: This doesn't belong in the Superbowl.
I will remember this...and buy my home improvement products anywhere but 84 Lumber. No wonder Fox wouldn't run the whole thing. This is, at best unpatriotic....

7:39. Audi has a great, inspiring commercial.....
Right up 'til the end. Then it pissed me off. I may have to go look at Alfas...
Social engineering doesn't belong here...even if the message is good.

7:54 Funny, but I'll prolly not buy a Kia Niro.

8:05:30....Nice.....Walking Dead. Works for me.

8:12....T-Mobil is hitting it after stepping on their crank at the first....and no social commentary.

8:19 Lite Beer. Nice. Even though they never told me why theirs is better. But at least they didn't try to tell me why I should give up my country to invaders.....nor try to make me feel guilty for being an American....

8:31 Bud Light told me why I want to drink their beer. Works for me.

9:24 Congrats Patriots.

9:30 Hyundai. Nice commercial. Classy.

Overall, the commercials were not terribly entertaining, nor original, nor funny. Some did the job....I remembered the product and the name and others made sure I wouldn't buy that product or from that company. The social engineering , for me at least, backfired.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that these folks can spend their money any way they want, up to the FCC limits and to the limits that Fox will allow....That First Amendment thing and all....

YMMV.

No comments: