Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I am thankful for so many things.

I am thankful that I live in a country that is so rich, that even though I am not "rich" in this country, I am richer than most (98+%) of the people in this world. I am thankful that I live in a country that is so prosperous that this is true. A country that is protected by a Constitution that, despite being stepped on by many people and politicians still makes this country the greatest, freest, most stable and secure country on the planet 

I am thankful that I have friends and family that support me, believe in me, and respect my beliefs, no matter how foolish they think those might be. Friends that would drop everything for me, give me (literally) the shirt off their backs. Who would post bail without question. Who are good enough friends that if I asked for help moving a body at night, would do so without question.  (then help me get a lawyer)

I am especially thankful that my friend of many years has become someone very special...a lover and companion as well as a friend. Who has done more to calm my soul and make me look forward to a future. Who has caused me to believe that life is worth living, not merely enduring.

I have many, many other things to be thankful for, but if I listed them all, you'd get tired of reading and/or fall asleep.

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I am thankful the world still has people like you. There aren't many men I've met that have the ethics of my Dad, and the spirit of all who have taught me to shoot, to survive and to see life clearly. You do. You and Midwest Chick are family to me and for that I am blessed.

Borepatch said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Mr. B.