Friday, November 12, 2010

Setting the bar low

Seems that a 1.9 inch target at 50 yards 5 times with deer rifle is considered "sharpshooter" level in Will County IL. Fifty long yards.


That might be good shooting there, but here it would be barely acceptable (with a bow or an air rifle).

I can do that all day, with open sights with nearly any rifle in my inventory...offhand. On a good day, with a pistol. And I ain't really that good. Most of the folks I shoot with can do significantly better than that.

2"... 50 yards..... 5 shots. "Sharpshooter"....

Jesus.

Via SCC

1 comment:

KurtP said...

Well....
If they're hunting at night, maybe they're testing them at night?

On the other hand, I could hit a dinner plate with my M1903 with iron sites at 800 yards...
The one with two rifle grooves.