Thursday, February 22, 2018

questions re: cooking

If you could have only one spice mix in your cabinet (Montreal Steak Seasoning, Mrs Dash, Lemon Pepper, Seasoned salt, etc.)

What would it be?

Everyone has their "go to" seasoning.

Spread the word. Also, tell us where you grew up and learned about that spice, and/or where you are now if that spice is a regional thing.

I' m curious, that's why...Besides, I'm tired of commenting on the asshattery of the Liberals and their willing RINO victims. Change of pace. 

6 comments:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning. Or "Tony's" as everyone in Louisiana knows it. Some Louisianains like Tony's best, some like Richard's, and some prefer Slap Ya Mama, but Creole Seasoning is a staple in EVERY cabinent in Louisiana, and for many here, Tony's reigns supreme.

I lived in Florida for a few years, and it was hard to find. But, I asked a manager at my local Publix to carry it, and he got a few cases for me, so I never had to do without for long.

tsquared said...

Old Bay Blackened seasoning. A little bit will spice up a dish. Use the way it is intended also works very well. I have used it as a dry rub for ribs, blackened fish, sautéed shrimp, chicken, and on grilled corn on the cob.

Old NFO said...

Tony's over here too!

DaveS said...

Black pepper for me as well. I enjoy cooking and wouldn't want to have to do without a cabinet full of spices, but when you bring it down to a single spice - black pepper is the one I use the most.

jon spencer said...

Another vote for Tony C's.
I do like the More Spice version though.

SL said...

Cavender's.