Tuesday, November 3, 2020

A large turnout so far:

 So I can see the entrance to the polling place from my home, if I use a decent telescope.

There was a line out the door at 6 AM when the polls opened.

There was still a line at 7 AM.

The line wasn't out the door at 8 AM, so I went down to do my Civic Duty and exercise my Right to Vote.

The line to vote INSIDE the building was over 75 people. The line did move fairly quickly, and there were adequate voting stations set up....the system was well organized and the flow was steady.


I entered the door at 8:12 and exited, having voted, at 8:31. 

The election workers said that this was the busiest that they had seen, surpassing the turnout 4 years ago. It remains to be seen as to whether the rest of the day looks the same.

(I may have been wrong about the turnout for early voting)


If you haven't voted, PLEASE, go vote. (even if you vote for the "wrong" folks. Just vote. Help decide the fate of, and the direction of, our country for the next 4 years. I would ask that you choose wisely, and with forethought....But vote. It does make a difference. 


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Concur with all! Exercise that right!