Saturday, November 18, 2017

Interesting

Was installing lights at the range Friday, and one of the guys helping me brought his new pistol, a Rock Island Arms/Armscor double stack 1911 in .22TCM.

Interesting cartridge. Almost no recoil, but a lot of flash. 2800FPM velocity with the 40 g bullet.

I'm not sure what it is good for, but it is a neat cartridge. Fun to shoot. If they'd make it with low-flash powder, it'd be great. I could have a lot of fun with one of their single-stack models. I bet it is a bitch to reload for though.

I mean, a 1911 with a .22 barrel with the round moving at warp speed. What's not to like?

I always wanted a 1911 in .357 Sig or .400 Cor-Bon. This might have to go on that list of "When I have money to burn" as well.

If you get the chance, try one.


No comments: