Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Spending money

As I expected, the new plane is costing me money. (this was negotiated OUT of the purchase price.)  Like a boat, a plane is a hole in the air which one tosses money into....

Flap limit switches, New strobe power supply, throttle control cable.

But, it's fixed, and as soon as the weather is VFR (Wed, supposedly, according to the "expert"prognosticators) I am gonna go do touch and goes at all the nearby airports to wring it out and see what else is wrong, if anything. Plus burn some of that old avgas.

I've got most of the manuals read, and have spent enough time on the ground working with the assorted (non-obsolete) avionics that I am comfortable.

More later as it happens. 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good news, and yes, you WILL find other things... sigh...